This time nothing crashed - I just did this work very partially and didn’t have a clear 1-2 hour window to start recording.
First, I finished the database connection and saving using SQLAlchemy.
For now, data model looks like this:
- There is a User model with ID and name
- There is a face_encoding model with user_id FK and encoding array
This caused a minor problems with creating JOIN statement in SQLAlchemy (it’s API is terrible…) but all in all it’s working nor.
Our app has also been provided with LEARNING_MODE flag, so that not every run is saved to database.
Now, the most astonishing thing I did recently - Setting up WebRTC!
This experimental feature allows one to stream video, audio and data both ways between client and server - and all this in parallel!
Of course, it required me to both experiment with a dockerfile (I created new one and needed to add additional codecs packages)
Also, I needed to enable following chrome flags:
After manually allowing video and audio for the site, everything started to work perfectly!
This will allow, after I will understand the code and alter it, to apply first janitor integration: